Every business needs to comply with PAYE legislation, but this is a time-consuming task. However, no company can avoid it and mistakes are expensive.

We provide a payroll service to existing clients, tailored to the specific needs of each business. We process time-sheets, salary calculations, wages and pay slips, and provide payment advices. We also deal with starters and leavers and deal with the year end P35, P14 and P60’s.

Construction Industry

You should register for the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) if you work for a contractor and you’re one of the following:

• self-employed
• the owner of a limited company
• a partner in a partnership or trust.

Under CIS, a contractor must deduct 20% from your payments and pass it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

These deductions count as advance payments towards your tax and National Insurance bill.
If you don’t register for the scheme, contractors must deduct 30% from your payments instead.

If you don’t want deductions to be made in advance by contractors, you can apply for ‘gross payment status’. You can do this when you register for CIS.

You don’t need to register for CIS if you’re an employee. Check your employment status if you’re not sure.

Auto Enrolment

Every employer has to offer a workplace pension and build compliance into their payroll service. We offer a service which checks compliance with the new workplace pension and auto enrolment requirements.

For more information about Workplace Pensions visit our Specialist Services section.


If you have any questions about any payroll issues call us for a free initial consultation soon.