With the increasing national concern regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus, we want to assure our clients that we are monitoring the developing situation carefully and have a plan in place to provide a continued service to clients as far as we possibly can.
We will be publishing regular updates with information about Coronavirus and how it could affect you, your family and your business. Come back to this page frequently to learn the latest news and if you have any questions call us on 01803 500500.
For your business:
- There are some temporary changes to SSP. If your employees have to stop working due to Covid-19, they may be entitled to SSP at a rate of £94.25 per week with immediate effect. If you are self-employed, you will be entitled to Employment and Support Allowance at a rate of £73.10 per week.
- This will apply to individuals whether they are suffering with Covid-19 themselves or if they are self-isolating in line with the government guidance.
- As an employer, you will be able to reclaim SSP back from the government in the coming months. It is not specified how this will happen yet.
Our Service to you:
- At the time of writing there is no-one unwell in the offices, staff have been advised on the procedure and symptoms and will self-isolate should they experience any of the symptoms.
- We may stop having client appointments, but we should be able to have telephone appointments and will remain in e-mail contact.
- We would ask all clients that are not feeling well themselves to refrain from visiting our offices during these difficult times.
- We will continue to monitor the news and any reports or requirements from the government and CDC and we will react to their continued advice.
- We remain focussed on your needs as a client and you should call us or e-mail in the usual way. We may not be able to meet with you personally but that doesn’t prevent us from working on your accounts or tax returns.
Keep well and healthy. With kindest regards,
Vincent & Co Accountants
Click on the links below to learn the latest news: